Tuesday, November 08, 2005

QUITTING SMOKING (Not Recommended)


See that picture to the left? That's me living life the way it should be. Hung over after a two day drinking binge in New Orleans, and surrounded in second hand smoke along with my own. New Orleans will never be the same and I guess neither will I.

I quit smoking today and it's an absolute nightmare. I was good right up until 4:00 today...I didn't even think of it that much before then. But now I feel like a fetus in mid abortion. It's not one of the nice ones in a doctor's office either, this one's nasty and most likely being done by Satan himself in a back alley with a dirty coat hanger.

There are only two things I can think of to ease the pain 1/A cigarette or 2/Lots of drinks so I can get to the point where I say fuck it and buy a pack of cigarettes.

I have quit before....and I am aware that day two is much worse. My trick to quitting this time is taking advantage of my Scottie cheapness. I bought a four week supply of nicotine patches. That's commitment! Even though they're the store brand and they were on sale it's still four weeks worth and for a Scottish guy that's a big investment.

It's not fun and not recommended. :(

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Yay! You're blogging. Don't forget to check out Boyd's.
www.ialwayswin.blogspot.com

November 09, 2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 09, 2005 1:23 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

Yes, I'm blogging... from what I have seen on your blog and Boyd's it's a good way to share my pain. I hope once this non smoking thing is over I will not become a Negative Nancy like you. I guess I can create pain for others and focus on that.

November 09, 2005 5:19 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

Mme. Rouge
I sure would like to smoke. Do you think if I can convince you to smoke it would be justified for me to have one just to show you how to do it? I could be like Frenchy in Grease and show you how to french inhale. It's very sexy and I’m sure the boys at the Eagle will like it! Besides you have a French name (Mme. Rouge) and we all know that the French love the smoking.
PS Just to annoy you I thought I would point out a grammatical error in your comment....you used "to" when you should have used "too". Ha, ha!

GEEZER
Thanks for your support and you keep up the no smoking.
I can’t eat a lot of sweets though one thing Jason’s taught me over the years is NOBODY LIKES A FAT GIRL. I think any gay should know it’s better to be a slim smoker over a fatty any day. BTW… What do you mean my bum will bleed a lot, isn't that normal?

November 09, 2005 5:37 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Hang in there hun! You're certainly not alone in blogland. Check out Geezer Squeezer's blog... he's quitting too. And hating every minute of it.

(Originally posted at 1:23 p.m. with a spelling mistake. I cannot abide by spelling mistakes, so I deleted it.)

November 09, 2005 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home