Monday, April 10, 2006

My Trip To Fancy Town


Incase you already don’t know I’m not fancy. You can tell I’m not fancy simply because I use the word fancy. Anyway, I was going to a friends’ house warming party on Saturday and since they had previously bought me two gifts from William Ashley I figured they what they would like something from there. Besides I had to use the gift certificate they got for me on something right?

William Ashley is the kind of place I avoid at all costs…its “fancy” (aka overpriced, people wait on you hand and foot, etc.). In all the years I’ve been in Toronto I’ve never entered the store and never planned to. Not that it’s bad to go to a store like that, it’s just not my thing. An ex of mine used to buy me bday presents from there… (I didn’t like them or the ex).

So I walked in asked a nice German lady with nice rings and big round Glasses for assistance. She made some recommendations and I went with her choice of a big ol’ vase. As she went to see if it was in stock I got to thinking that it was a bit “old lady”.

But what do I know? Like I said I’m not fancy. If it was up to me my condo would have stick people painted on the walls and frog figurines everywhere.

I changed my mind and went with a decanter and glass set. The one I wanted was not in stock and my German lady said that was a good thing because the one I picked was not cut as well as the set next to it. She explained why the other set was better (the cut, the weight, the rim of the glass, etc). She had me lift one of the glasses and said “now that’s a glass”. So I went with her choice. Had it wrapped and made my way to get my haircut.

Let me tell you a William Ashley bag sure makes you popular. Lots of smiles and “what a nice gift”, “who’s the lucky person”, etc. Weird, I meant they couldn’t see what it was; it was wrapped with a bow on it. All they saw was the bag with the store name on it and decided from that it was a wonderful gift. I guess lots of other people like fancy stuff but not me I’ll keep buying my stuff at Winners and eating chicken wings.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You like the fancy, admit it. You wear diamond and furs about town and only speak to people with perfectly manicured Poodles.

April 10, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

Now see, I like "fancy." I just usually can't afford it. For what it's worth, I also like "shiny", "sparkly", "boozy", and "flashy."

I got a gift certificate for a friend's wedding shower from William Ashley once; even the gift certificate wrapping there is ornate!

April 10, 2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they have a sale once a year at xmas, which i go to. it's unreal.

sorry bout the "NAME" calling...accidental.

April 10, 2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

AG - You are correct. I guess I should have been clearer...I like fancy things not fancy service.
(My frog figurines would be totally fancy)

MissT - I totally in agreement with "shiny”,” sparkly" and "boozy" but not flashy.

April 10, 2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

Mitz - Mme Rouge loves shit that William Ashley. You should take him to the sale nex time.

April 10, 2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

I get nothing: no wedding, no housewarming, no registry at William Ashley.

April 10, 2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Butchie said...

What is "girl bad part"? Is that a noony? Cause Bunny has balls. Big ones.

April 10, 2006 6:11 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Oh, I didn't get Matt & Andy anything...

I love that Butchie linked Bunny.

Wings are fatty like me. Caution.

April 10, 2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

yes butchie it's her "muffin"

April 10, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Butchie said...

She actually linked to me a while back so I did the same. I'm not sure why she gets so worked up. I tried to be nice.

April 10, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Butchie said...

Dude, I'm emo.

April 11, 2006 2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE BUTCHIE!

He's my HERO!

April 11, 2006 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thx 4 the decanter autie!
how come we didn't git to see Mitzee???

April 12, 2006 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home