Wednesday, July 05, 2006

CANADA CUP

Another busy weekend. My softball team (that includes Jason and Salem) participated in the Canada Cup this weekend. There was quite a big turn out this year. Toronto teams, some from Chicago, Minneapolis (aka the Stepford team), San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Montreal and god knows where else. The nights were late and the mornings were early. By the time Monday rolled around I was spent.

Friday night consisted of meet and greet. I was grouchy and tired. I had five beer and went home at about 11:00.

Saturday started off at 8:00am was I was playing third. Too bad I don’t really know the rules about playing third but I assumed they’re pretty much the same as second (my usual position). Toward the end of the game a teammate got a ball in the face and I took him to the hospital where he got 4 stitches and I watched Portugal beat England in the world cup. By the time we made it back to the field all our games were finished for the day. 

Later on Saturday night my team hosted all the D division teams at a local bar for Canada Day where everyone got drunk and had fun. I consumed lots of drinks and was introduced to a new one. Can’t remember what it’s called but it is 1 shot of vodka, 1 shot of tequila and Red Bull. Those will knock you on your ass. Looked like everyone had fun. I got drunk and smashed up my shins…yes I’m a stupid and I was drunk.

Sunday started even earlier glad I went home at around 12:00 the night before. Up at 6:00am and on the field by 7:00 (this is way too early for me). We lost our first game. Won the second one against the team that placed first the day before (yeah, I don’t get it either) and lost the third. I think I played pretty well in the heat alert weather. It was so humid you could see it in the air (it was like hot fog). Blaaachh!

Went home got a shower then went out to get a haircut since I looked like a hippie all weekend. Went back home and tried to nap without much success. Off again at 6:30 to the awards banquet (aka drinking and finger foods). Drank lots. Went to a bar and drank some more, went to another bar and drank more, went to the last bar and stopped drinking at abt 2:00. I was so tired and couldn’t wait to get to bed (alone you perverts).

Had a practice last night for the two games we have on Satty. Now time to do nothing for two days but watch Canada’s Next Top Model (Cici rules) and Canadian Idol (love the Nancy Silverman) tonight and Big Brother tomorrow. Then it is the weekend again.

I’m too old for this.

Oh yeah, I did see Cinci but only from across a crowed patio. Didn’t pursue it (too tired).

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adjust the times a little bit, remove the reality shows and the hospital, and there's my version.

July 05, 2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

haha @ Salem!

I play 3rd base.

Why alone, and your the pervert!

July 05, 2006 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you should have been here.

July 05, 2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

Salem - You avoided Cinci too? I was very careful not to tell Eric Cinci was there or he'd have me snogging him.

Everybody gets to third base with Tim.

Indy - I'm back to gorgeous now.

July 05, 2006 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Avoided Cinci twice last summer and again this week.
I know, you asked me not to tell him.

July 05, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

even if you had the sex you wouldn't tell us

July 05, 2006 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time YJA types and posts "3rd base", AG laughs a little and a virgin boy gets his wings...

July 06, 2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I hope it's not hot and gross this Saturday.

July 06, 2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, is that anyway to speak your thoughts about meeting YJA's boyfriend?

July 06, 2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YJA's boyfreind is a total snuffalufagus to Jason. He keeps missing the sightings.

July 06, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

YJA has none. He's been closed for many years

July 06, 2006 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AG,
It's actually quite funny at the games. With absolutely no sense of irony, you keep hearing 'Nice Poke', 'Way to find the hole' etc.

July 06, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Butchie said...

Butchie loves posting comment on YJA'S blog.

July 07, 2006 3:42 AM  
Blogger Butchie said...

Butchie reads the comments and laughs again. Butchie loves the comments from AG. Butchie approves of the comments and thinks of newer ways to address wife....I mean Butchiegirl!

Meh.

July 07, 2006 3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AG hearts Butchie back!

Salem, that is classic!

July 07, 2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home