Thursday, December 14, 2006

Small World

I watched a special about BasicInstincts on ABC Primetime last night. It reviewed the theory 6 Degrees of Separation. They ran a test in NYC and found that all three times it took 6 or less connections to find their target in NYC. It's pretty cool and hard to believe when you think of it. Anyway Columbia University is studying the 6 Degrees or Separation and started a project called SMALL WORLD.
Small world is an online experiment to test the idea that any two people in the world can be connected via 6 people. The objective is to get a message to your assigned "target person" by forwarding the message to a friend of yours that you believe is most likely closer to the "target" than you are. You can register to be a "target" or be assigned a "target" to connect with at this site.
I registered and my target is Isabel Feist...
Gender: Female
Age range: 30-34
Religion: Atheism
First Language: German
Country: Germany
City: Berlin since 2001

Current Job Title: Translator
Name of current employer: Berlitz
Schools attended:Max Beckmann Oberschule, Berlin, D; 1986-1991

If any of you guys I talk to regularly think you have a connection to her or someone that might know her. Let me know and I will forward you the email to continue the search.

Yaaay!

I wish there were at least 6 Degrees of Separation between some of you and me ;)

10 Comments:

Blogger Pablo said...

She's my first cousin...but I'm not helping you after that comment. Find her yourself.

December 14, 2006 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that old "I know a guy in Canada.." thing can work?

December 14, 2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

we both wish the same thing.

December 14, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

She looks cute. I work with a guy from Germany - I'll see if he knows her.

December 14, 2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

You're cheating, aren't you? I mean, she could Google herself and find your blog entry.

CheaterCheaterPumpkinEater!

December 14, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

no I have to go through a chain of people that I already know (they can't be people I don't already communicate with). I can start with as many people as I want. But I can't just google her then email her. The relationships have to be pre existing.
Let's say you know someone who works for Berlitz and that person knows someone at Berlitz in Germany and that person knows Isabel. 3 connections from pre existing relationships.

December 14, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Butchie said...

Did her.

December 15, 2006 1:40 AM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

Find her yet?

December 15, 2006 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My person target is too Isabel feist... I search her...

March 22, 2007 4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, there is a lot of People looking for me, I am impressed ... It's sad to say, that obviously nobody found me ;D

So, here I am ... If somebody speaks german, visit my Blog linked in my Nickname, if not, I have also one in spanish:

http://onaberlin.blogspot.com/

Greetings from Berlin

August 16, 2007 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home