Tuesday, September 05, 2006

YUL


Montreal was fun. I was surprised how much French I remembered. I even taught my friend Graham some naughty French.

Jason, Salem and I left on Thursday and started drinking on the train. By the end of the 4 hour trip Salem was boxed and his high pitched squeals were waking up the guy sitting next to him. We got into to Montreal at around 9:00pm and took our showers, met up with some teammates and went out for drinking and dancing. I was pretty shit faced by the time we got to parking (Jason had already got scared and went home) and was surprised to see that ½ the bar was full of girls. Everyone went home soon after but in my time honored tradition of drinking too much and acting like a monster I wasn’t ready to go home. I made lots of new friends by saying things like “What in this town doesn’t suck?” and “What’s with all the chicks in here?” I went to Unity after parking which sucked but I did get me a free drink. Then to Sky which was empty. We woke up the next day and did some shopping but I didn’t buy much just two belts and a shirt.

The rest of the weekend went like this…
Drinks in the room at the hotel.
Drinks at a strip bar
Drinks at a dance bar
Crawling home at 3:30 all messy drunk.
Drinks in the hallway at the hotel.
Sleeping.
8:00 am ball game.

Repeat on Saturday
Repeat on Sunday- but replace playing ball with going home.


Highlights of the trip…
Telling some huge French guy that everything would be much better if he just spoke more of the ‘hinglish.
A certain teammate crawling across the stage at a strip bar while the stripper was crawling toward him…
Kevin’s cage dancing and his duo show with Eric.
Salem asking me if the jacket I was trying on came in “men’s sizes”.
Holly sleeping in the stairwell this year instead of on the toilet.
Me telling everyone I’m a big fat hairy bear.
My teammates all yelling “grrrrr” every time I went up to bat.
The Johnny Walkers.
½ the team not going to bed on Satty night…they opted for a hallway party until 7am.
$3.00 Nasty
Poutine at La Belle Province
Snogging a guy named Marc.
Lisa stealing a cowboy hat from some guy at Sky. Then found it was full of drugs.
Asking the retired dentist on our tem if the bar cashed his social security cheque.
David puking due the stench (I’m sure Mme. Rouge would call it a natural scent) at the Stud Bar.
Mme. Simone
Huge downpore/freezing weather and being expected to play in that.
Sunday night sweat box at Le Parking.
The "Spit and Shove" at the Black Eagle

19 Comments:

Blogger Pablo said...

Who knew Montreal was such a blast?

September 05, 2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

it was a nice jacket but maybe $250.00 is too much for a windbreaker?

September 05, 2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

umm, yeah....that sounds a little high priced!

September 05, 2006 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about strawberry custard tarts?

-Jason

September 05, 2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

what about them?

September 05, 2006 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime we went through the lobby, one of those two would buy one.

September 05, 2006 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funny part about YJA saying "I’m a big fat hairy bear" was all in the delivery.
I laughed every time.

September 05, 2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

Did you guys win a game?

September 05, 2006 3:00 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

nope. Didn't win one. But we only played three. The tourny was canceled due to weather.

mmmm custard, strawberries and glaze.

September 05, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Pablo said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot that's why they went.

September 05, 2006 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we played 3 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday before the torrents of rain.

September 05, 2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

I’m sure Mme. Rouge would call it a natural sent [sic]

1. scent
2. f off

September 05, 2006 7:59 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

don't be mean. I corrected it just for you.

September 06, 2006 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh another hilight. Mme. Simone explaining why the strippers don't pay cover at the drag bar.

September 06, 2006 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hat full of drugs. My goodness. These kind of things don't happen when I go to Montreal.

Sounds like it was fun!

September 06, 2006 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never bought a tart. Wanted to, but didn't.

-Jason

September 06, 2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

^you're a tart

September 06, 2006 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like fun.

i got nothing but ernesto, then again.....sleeping in hallways isn't my bag.

heard you lost every game too. lmao

September 06, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

^Negative Nancy

September 06, 2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home