Monday, January 08, 2007

Bonjour!

I'm baaaaaack!

Fun Facts About France:

1. Fois gras, wine, coq au vin, and more wine are awesome. I could eat ham and cheese on a baguette every single day.

2. I have about 150 photos of Notre Dame. I want a gargoyle.

3. The apartment T's brother hooked us up with was owned by a shoe designer for Louis Vuitton. She had oodles of shoes around the house that made my heart ache. And yes, I took photos.

4. We skipped the Louvre entirely so we could spend those days walking around random neighbourhoods.

5. Shopping in Paris would be way more fun if I were obscenely rich.

6. French showers and bathtubs are sometimes creepy.

7. The weather was pretty much the same in Toronto (yay, global warming!)

8. I fell in the subway on the stairs and hurt my knee and people laughed - I also stepped in dog poop. Must be initiation or something.

9. French people really are skinny. Smoking really is good for you!

10. I have a fiance now, y'all!!!!11!

More stories and pics to come - I have around 400 photos to sort through first.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I heard on New Years.

I remember the skinny people, and something about not touching the fruit. For God's sake, don't touch the fruit.

January 08, 2007 10:03 AM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

Dum Dum Da Dum! Congratulations!!!
Was he drunk when he asked you?

January 08, 2007 10:42 AM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

Not drunk, Auntie, but perhaps swayed by all the food we'd been eating.

Seriously, I'm a pig. Un vrai gros cochon.

I missed you guys!

January 08, 2007 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm craving ham and cheese on a baguette, but I might settle for YJA's turkey blt.

January 08, 2007 11:32 AM  
Blogger Shora said...

I was gonna ask for Paris pics... until I saw #10! Now I want pics of fiance. Congrats babe!!!!

January 08, 2007 12:54 PM  
Blogger Butchie said...

11. Gay french dudes (pretty much all of them) are called Faguettes.

January 08, 2007 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Welcome back.

January 08, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

where ya'll gettin hitched?

January 08, 2007 3:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

Not until fall 2008. Hopefully France. Y'all gotta come!

January 08, 2007 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to invite AG to the wedding. Ya know -- since AG is destined to be an old maid.

January 08, 2007 3:46 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

LOL @ Butchie

I am so excited for you! Congratulations to both of you. I just knew he'd ask.

January 08, 2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

well AG you have 1/2 it done already.

January 08, 2007 5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I couldn't think of a better place to get proposed too. That place is just teaming with lust and romance!

January 08, 2007 9:36 PM  
Blogger Crucible said...

Congrats! Proposing in Paris, he's good.

January 10, 2007 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm soooooooooooooooooooo jealous that you went !!! but YAY for you!!!

January 10, 2007 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home