Friday, September 08, 2006

Brad Pit in a TIFF


TIFF has officially started. I know because when I walked by Roy Thompson Hall on the way home last night the red carpet was out and there was a line of people waiting to buy $35.00 last min movie tickets for the show. Yeah $35.00 for a movie! That’s a nightmare. Taste of Toronto also started yesterday. I think I’ll go for lunch there today. Now what should I have?

I went to one movie at TIFF years ago. The movie was The Apostle and when Farrah sat down a couple of rows behind my friend and I we made the Charlie's Angles gun / Karate pose. He, he! The movie was good but it was also free. Farrah started hitting on me after the movie but I was dating Cloris Leachman at the time and working on the Spring Jaclyn Smith Collection (Jacs hates Farrah) so what else could I do but shun her advances. Were were good friends for a couple of years until that whole David Letterman thing. Now I try to avoid her at all costs... I guess she could be worse. I mean she's not Paula Abdul right?

The STAR Schmooze party is tonight across the street from Thistle’s apartment. She can stalk right from her own balcony while smoking and drinking Rye and Ginger but it may be just a bit to high up to get a good look at anything. The bad news... Brad Pitt is gonna be sleepin’ on my couch again for his trip here. I'm just glad Jennifer didn't ask too (now that would be uncomfortable). I don’t know why he doesn’t stay at the Four Seasons like everyone else. We can still “hang out” without him being so chipper in the morning while making breakfast. I’m just being bitchy and he’s a much better house guest than Farrah Fawcett so I shouldn't complain.

They should be busy at the Sassafras, Bistro 990, Rosewater Supper Club, and The Brass Rail for the next 10 days. Here's a helpful guide if you would like to go hunting.

Which movie stars do you think will come see my playoffs this weekend (besides Brad)?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More likely they'll be with me and Richard Branson at V.

September 08, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

That's rye and COKE, bitch!

A friend just told me that Brad is supposed to be at the Rolls Royce dealership at Hazelton at some point today. That's so thoughtful of him to bring you a gift, Auntie!

September 08, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

What am I gonna do with a Rolls? Damn you Brad!

September 08, 2006 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not the same with a Brokeback Mountain-like movie.

It's all "a little girl in a village in Japan finds out her grandmother is becoming forgetful..." blah blah.

-Jason.

September 08, 2006 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home