Monday, October 23, 2006

The Result of Stress

Last week was kind of a nightmare for me thus the lack of posts. My company laid off a heck of a lot of people. No, I wasn’t one of ‘em but many of my friends were let go. I wanted to be one of them but I wasn’t. As a result I went out on Friday night with some people from work and I got pretty messy. Sorry for not returning your call Cashew and Fingerbang but I didn’t even see you called until Saturday afternoon. I do apologize if you had to interact with me in any way. I apologize to the lesbians from Indianapolis, to the members of the National Ballet of Canada (especially the nice Filipino ballerina) and to Brian from baseball.

I was actually about to go home at a ½ decent hour when I ran into a guy that used to play Baseball on my team and he thought it was a great idea for me to stay out and keep drinking. (I need to be told "go home" or I'll just stay out). We went to a couple of other bars. I vaguely remember being refused entry into Byzantium. Well they didn’t say no directly to me but they did say no to my friend who then told me we couldn’t get in because of my state of inebriation. To my knowledge I have never been refused entry into a bar before this. Well I guess I can take that off my list of things to be proud of. Lesson Learned: A bowl of steamed rice and some BBQ pork at lunch really isn’t enough to eat for the day if you plan to drink a lot of beer.

I was super hung over the next day. I really don’t get hung over often but Satty afternoon was a nightmare. I canceled my evening plans (sorry Eric) because I could hardly function until 10:30pm rolled around. So needless to say I did nothing on Saturday but regret the night before and wallow in shame and embarrassment.

On the positive side I did get a good night’s sleep on Saturday and I had a fun Sunday.

BTW I went to see the Grudge 2 yesterday. It sucked. The first one sucked but this one REALLY sucked. Don’t go. It’s a waste of time.

12 Comments:

Blogger Miss Thistle said...

Aw, poor hungover Auntie!

I was a little hurting on Sattie, too. I stayed on the sofa and watched two eppies of One Tree Hill.

October 23, 2006 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew it would suck, i didn't like the first one that much either. i LOVE that YOU got refused entry to a bar, because the first time I ever did was on your birthday....we have so much in common lol.

don't worry, we all do embarassing things when we're down and out and drunker than piss. (i know piss doesn't get drunk, whatever)

October 23, 2006 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith and his friend Pat got super wasted and I had to fend off Pat from grabbing me all weekend.

October 23, 2006 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um. Saturday night. you didn't miss much.

October 23, 2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Pablo said...

I bet two eppies of One Tree Hill would hurt more than just a little.

October 23, 2006 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was at Byz on Friday night. Too bad I missed the show.

October 23, 2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

MT - I feel so bad for me.
SKITZ - Sthanks for the words but I still feel like a monster.
J - I know how you hate boys grabbing you.
SALEM - You should be more than happy you missed the show. Well maybe you would have sent me home. Satty wasn't fun. I was looking forward to it.

October 23, 2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Auntie, you should've came over to my place. I watched Silkwood. By myself.

October 23, 2006 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was hung over Saturday too. I understand your pain. :-)

October 23, 2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

I felt great all weekend. Glad to hear you were in pain.

October 23, 2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

slikwood - Ummmm. I'll pass.
timmy why so mean?

October 23, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

Did you have any fugues, and did someone fill in the blanks for you?

October 24, 2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home