Thursday, November 02, 2006

THURSTDAY

Time for a fancy grown up drink. I don't often drink Manhattans but every once in a while I like to have one. I never get it in a martini glass I always have it in a rocks glass over ice.
You Need:
Cracked ice
2 oz. rye whiskey (or bourbon)
1/2 oz. sweet vermouth
1-2 dashes Angostura bitters (optional)
1 maraschino cherry

Put cracked ice in a shaker.
Add whiskey or bourbon, vermouth and, if desired, bitters.
Shake.
Strain over ice.
Garnish with a cherry.

Or just get it from a bartender. That's what I do.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question: If i were to ask for a manhattan at Byz, would it be rye or bourbon?

November 02, 2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

I dunno. I can't remember. Most likely rye.

November 02, 2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Pablo said...

That sounds like it would be expensive from a bartender.

November 02, 2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

it tastes terrible.

November 02, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

Pablo - Rum and coke is cheaper. It's usually the price of a martini.
Timmy - So does PBR but you drink that

November 02, 2006 1:32 PM  
Blogger Miss Thistle said...

Rye is soooo good. Vermouth is vile.

I really want a rye and DC now. Ice cold. In a big glass.

November 02, 2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Let's knock off work and go for dwinks.

November 02, 2006 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More importantly, what EXACTLY do you get from a bartender?

November 02, 2006 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home